afrolatinidade@gmail.com

Monday 2 June 2014

Naipí

05:27 Posted by Unknown , No comments


I'm a woman from the global South. 

Don't you know you can't really hurt me? 

My soul, my precious, 

It's already scarred.

Nothing really jolts me

I'm still able to acquiesce

From star 

To starred. 



I'm a woman from the global South. 

Don't you know dismissal sets me free? 

My soul, my darling, 

It's already taken. 

By the flowers, by the trees

I still occupy the universe

From sand

To sanded. 



I'm a woman from the global South. 

Don't you know I don't really need your tea?

My soul, my sugar, 

It's already mellow

From the tears, from the sear

I'm yellow -- steel 

From land

To landed. 



I'm a woman from the global South

Don't you know how much I stare at the sea? 

My soul, my honey, 

It's already gone

With the quiver, with the leer

But I still -- transcend

From water

To watered. 



I'm a woman from the South

You know ~zilch~ about me

My soul, my body

This body -- mine

With the wine -- the shine

And I still refine

From sow

To sown.



FreeR 


0 comments:

Post a Comment